Unschool-ology

Unschool-ology
Unschooling: Living Without School; Living Free Range-Freedom to Learn What One Wants When One Wants

Monday, May 9, 2011

Week Six: Mother's Day

This week was Mother's Day, and finally, we got things calmed down and back on track.

Monday: We read the book "I Love My Mommy Because..." the section about Spring. We listened to the song "Here's A Kiss Because I Love You." That is one of our favorite songs.
Tuesday: Samantha and I had some special alone time together because we haven't been able to do that in awhile.

Wednesday:I let Samantha go crazy with the art supplies and make me whatever she wanted.

Thursday: We made a dinner together, spaghetti and meat sauce.

Friday: We watched a movie together. I got to pick though because it was "Mother's Day." lol. I picked Legally Blonde"s". She sat through the whole movie with me. We watched it first thing in the morning when she woke up. We ate muffins together and stayed in bed. It was nice. I just enjoyed having so much together time this week since things have been so hectic. I think she really liked it too.

Next week, we are doing Warm Climates of the World-Savannah, Rain Forrest, etc. (I didn't have enough time to do each one of them separately. Since she is so young, it really doesn't matter though. Honestly, we do the activities, and I may explain why we are doing it in 1 or 2 sentences, but I am not going to shove a bunch of information in her brain and force her to learn. I am hoping she will just learn through the activities right now.)

We went outside as part as our special time together.

Ha Ha. She made a smiley face all by herself!


Making the Meat Sauce

Mom and Daughter

Just chillin'-Watching the Movie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment