Unschool-ology

Unschool-ology
Unschooling: Living Without School; Living Free Range-Freedom to Learn What One Wants When One Wants

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Update

We have had a great start to the year 2014 so far! One week in and it has been Bliss. My Husband (although he says he doesn't do resolutions, has made some definite changes. Could  be due to increased trips to the gym among a few other things. ;) Heck. Maybe he has started maturing since he is 23. Wait, do men ever mature? He has been so loving, encouraging, understanding. He stays in a good mood and doesn't let work get him down. We have been having deeper conversations. And he is less focused on him and what he wants l the time. I really like this new part of our marriage. He has also been a better father. He listens better. He problem solves. He is more involved in her homeschool. This is shaping up to be a good year. (Not to mention I also made some changes, which helps.)

Other than that, on the home front, we have just been busy preparing. Preparing our garden. Preparing for our new chickens this Spring. And preparing projects for the Home school Fairs.

Everything is back to normal because school is back in for my little brother. Sam has shown an increased interest in experiments lately and we have been doing 2 or 3 a day at least. Daddy did a volcano with us the other day. He also came up with a midnigbt experiment with boiling water and freezing air. (Made her night!) And he helped us decide on a project for the Geography Fair. We are going to create a model of the ocean layers in a see through containers, with his help. He is very creative. We began preparing today, learning about the ocean through reading and experiments and working on what to put on the tri board. All this along with the Center and Gymnastics will keep us occupied through January. But...

We can't wait for the warm weather so we can begin doing more outside. Gardening, fishing, hiking, camping, trips to the lake! Those are some of the family activities that make life worth living. However, for the time being, cuddling in bed all day on a warm day is nice too.

So far so good. I have been maintaining focus. Continuing to be spontaneous. And continuing to show my effort to improve. And let God take control of the rest. Fingers crossed the rest of the year will be this good.

PS I already upheld to my goal and will be speaking at a church for Sanctity if Human Life Sunday. And what better church than my home church, where I have never shsred my story. And what do you know, I found time to write a speech. I knew I could! No more excuses for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment